Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Y is for... Yasmine Galenorn

es, we're almost to the end!  One more day--you can do it!








Today's author is Yasmine Galenorn.  She has an ongoing paranormal series called The Otherworld, and it's about 3 sisters--one witch, one vampire, and one shape-shifter.  It's an interesting world, and what's cool about the series is that each book is told from the POV of a different sister.  After three books, you return to the POV of the first sister, then move on to the second, then the third.  It's a good way to keep a series fresh!
Book 1 in the series

Yasmine has several series out right now, but I've only read The Otherworld books.  Have any of you read her work?  What are your thoughts?

11 comments:

  1. I actually haven't read very many "witch" books. I love ghosts and angels and vampires, even a few werewolf stories, but there's something about the witch culture that kind of repels me. *shrugs* Different strokes, eh?

    True Heroes from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! There's so much out there, it's easy to find something you'll like! :)

      Delete
  2. Lara, I've been amazed by all your A to Z picks! Great job, this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of it. Does sound interesting as I'm a fan of witches and such, but I'm hesitant towards vampires. Just never been my thing but with the right character and plot I'm okay either way.

    A to Z commenter
    Reading at Dawn blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the vampire sister's book yet, so I can't speak to how she writes vampires.

      Delete
  4. I love that each book is told from a different sister's POV - that's such a smart idea! Especially since each sister has a different paranormal role. I definitely want to read these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting! The last witchy series I read was The Hollows by Kim Harrison - I really enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first book in that series, but I haven't followed it. I hear good things, though!

      Delete
  6. I've read some of her work!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)