Thursday, April 4, 2013

D is for... Dupont Circle

It's day 4 of the A to Z challenge, which means it must be time for the letter D...







Today's entry is Dupont Circle!  Not only is this a landmark traffic circle, but it's a popular neighborhood as well, lined with shops, historic homes, bars, restaurants, museums, and more!  This was one of my favorite areas in D.C. because it's such a vibrant, busy neighborhood. One of my favorite stores is here (more on that later), and there's a nice fountain/park area in the middle of the traffic circle (which is surprisingly fun to drive around, provided you know where you're going).  With 2 metro stations serving the area, what's not to love?
Dupont Circle Fountain
Have any of you driven around Dupont Circle, or did you chicken out and drive underneath? :)

15 comments:

  1. Du Pont circle is a nightmare! The park is nice though. I've spent many wonderful hour reading and enjoying nature or lunch there when the mosquitoes weren't bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The traffic can get a little ridiculous, I'll grant you that :)

      Delete
  2. Never been in DC (or in US actually) but your description of it reminds me of a neighborhood here in Mexico called La Condesa. There are parks and historical buildings and coffee shops. Cool places to sit and enjoy the surroundings. I can imagine how Dupont Circle is. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it's ultra-busy, it sounds like a distinctive spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember DuPont circle from the movie The American President.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When she kept driving around and around? :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Lara,
    I found you through A-Z. Love your theme! I've visited DC a couple of times when we had friends living there, so it's great seeing a few familiar sights again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once I finally marry Garrett, I will be a DuPont :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of these days, I'm going to check out all these sites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've actually never been to DC, but I DO know about Dupont Circle's treachery...from the movie The American President! Does that count?

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)