Monday, October 15, 2012

Are you ready for November?

www.123rf.com

A quick check of the calendar reveals that November is but 2.5 weeks away!  While I could say something about how quickly the year is flying by (it is), I'd rather talk about the beauty that is NaNoWriMo.

What is NaNoWriMo you say?  Why, it's National Novel Writing Month!  It's that glorious, reckless time of year where you devote yourself entirely to writing, without a care for plot, editing, or any of the other factors that can bog you down.  You just put your butt in the chair and write.

It's exhilarating.  It's exhausting.  It's extremely difficult.

I'm still kicking around plot ideas for this year's endeavor.  I don't normally spend a lot of time getting things in order before I start, but I know some people write outlines, index cards of scenes, stuff like that.  I'm not a big plotter anyway, so that doesn't work for me.  Still, I always start with a basic idea of the characters and story.  For me, a big part of the fun is seeing where my characters take me as we go.

Is anyone else doing NaNo this year?  If so, look me up and let's be writing buddies!  My user name is Lara Lacombe.  I look forward to seeing you online!



2 comments:

  1. And I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines. Go, Lara, Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing it, but I don't feel ready at all. I hope hope hope Santiago's story holds me enthralled enough for me to get 50K!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)