Friday, March 22, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things - Pampering edition


It's that time again!  Head on over to VikLit's blog to sign up for the celebration!

Flickr Creative Commons
This week, I'm celebrating the fact that I'm getting a pedicure after work today. Even though no one ever really gets to see my toes (one of the joys of working in a lab means I have to wear closed-toe shoes all the time, and even though I'm not doing experiments anymore, I have to set a good example for my students) I still like them to be pretty.  I have neither the patience nor the skill to paint my nails well, so one of the things I like to splurge on is getting a pedicure.  I generally go once a month, but it's been a while, so I'm really looking forward to this!  Now I just have to figure out what color I want...

What are you celebrating this week?

UPDATE:  As you can see, I chose turquoise.  With the design she painted, my toes look a bit like peacock feathers! :)


18 comments:

  1. Aw, that's so cute! I hope you enjoyed yourself. If you stop by my blog, tell me what color you chose. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went with turquoise--very spring-like! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, pedicure... yeahhh... NO. I have the patience and good enough skills to do my own toes BUT only because I have to. My feet are way too tickelish, I would (no joking)kick anyone who tries to massage or touch my feet, not on purpose but I would lol

    Happy pampering ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have to grit my teeth at times because I can be a little ticklish. It's totally worth it, though. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, that sounds so wonderful! Good for you! :) btw, wondering if you know your captcha word verification is on. Might want to turn it off for the Challenge, to get more comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting a pedicure is one of my splurges that I haven't done in a while. Good to see you're taking that time out for yourself. :)

    BTW, I'm having a giveaway to celebrate 100 followers on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! I'll check out your giveaway too!

      Delete
  5. Pedicures are LOVELY. How nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pedicure and the manicure, it's been so long though. Such a nice treat!

    Enjoy, and what color did you pick?

    I took a break to wash laundry and wrote my RFW challenge, 8 loads of laundry and another blog post later, maybe I'll not turn the internet on this weekend. Get that other work done! Yeah, right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you've been very productive--go you!

      Delete
  7. I splurged on a pedicure 2 weeks ago! It was bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun thing to celebrate! I'm celebrating... let's see... I went for a walk today! Before starting work/writing/blogging rounds, and it's made me feel more energized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walks are great, especially since you're having to battle snow to do it!

      Delete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)