Thursday, November 28, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things - Thanksgiving edition


For those of us in the United States, it's Thanksgiving week.  What better way to end the holiday than by celebrating the small things?  This hop is organized by VikLit, and I encourage you to drop by her blog to join us!

This week, I'm celebrating the fact that I have a few days off of work. While I enjoy my day job, it's good to have a break every now and again. It's been nice to have some unstructured time to do whatever I want.

Since Thanksgiving is officially over, I'm ready to start the Christmas season.  We're going to a lighted holiday parade tonight, which I think will be a lot of fun.  I'll take pictures for you guys!

Saturday I'm off to see Catching Fire.  I've heard good things about the movie, and I hope it does the book justice.  As I write this post, I'm watching the first movie to refresh my memory :)

Finally, you still have a little time to submit a picture of you with a copy of DEADLY CONTACT!  Enter before the end of the month to win a $25 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble!

Hope you have a nice weekend!

25 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend Lara. I'm going to see Catching Fire too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and yay for the break!

    OMG I loved Catching Fire! Have fun watching it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time off work is always something to celebrate, no matter how much you like your job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy the movie and your time off, Lara. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last week, everyone was going to see Thor and this week it's Catching Fire. This is turning into a great holiday season for movies. I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa! There seems to be a run of good movies lately. I'm glad I've been able to catch most of them!

      Delete
  6. Hope you long weekend is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhonda! Hope you have a good weekend as well! :)

      Delete
  7. Ooo, I have a copy of deadly contact. I just need hubby to take a picture. I've been pretty sick lately so don't judge me. :)

    Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just posted one to your facebook. Hope that is a good place to post it! Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Got it, and you look great! :)

      Delete
  8. I want to watch Catching Fire too,maybe next week.
    hope you can visit my Celebrate Small Things

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catching Fire was a really good movie. I hope you enjoyed seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been hearing really great things about Catching Fire- hope it live up to all the praise!

    And yay for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurrah to a few days off work and Catching Fire :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great weekend--hope yours was nice as well! :)

      Delete
  12. Hope you had a lovely time at the parade!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)