Thursday, April 23, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things - Elephant edition


Lots to celebrate this week!  Today, my co-workers are throwing a baby shower for me, which is very sweet of them.  We're all so busy with the semester winding down, and I really appreciate them carving the time out of their day to celebrate baby stuff :)

I was looking for some good pictures to post, and I realized I never posted the photos from my elephant encounter.  Last month, Mister and I were in Houston and we took a behind the scenes tour at the Houston Zoo.  Specifically, we took the elephant tour.  We got to get up close and personal with the elephants, and we got to feed and pet one! It was pretty amazing :)  I wanted to take the baby home with us, but Mister said no.  Sometimes, he's just too practical.
Babies are always cute!










So how was your week? Anything exciting going on this weekend?

If you've been reading my blog, you know that Fridays are reserved for a post where I celebrate the little things that have happened during the week. This is a blog hop created by Vikki and now hosted by Lexa Cain, and it's one of my favorite blogging things to do.  I encourage you to check out her blog and the full list of participants, because who doesn't love reading about good things?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, man, did I know your were pregnant? I don't think I did. Go AWOL from the blog and you miss so many things. Well congrats! I'm super excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baby showers. How exciting!!! I love baby elephants too! I'm surprised Mister didn't let you take it home....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me see if I can make a text elephant.
    ( )..( )
    / /
    / /
    [ /

    Well, it's something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love elephants.They are such wise creatures. They have a culture! They respect the elderly and care for their young, and honor their dead. It's hard to think they are very removed from humans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. I love elephants! They always make me smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so far behind on this info!! Forgive me, Lara! Congratulations! maybe there's a elephant photo you can enlarge and make as a poster for the baby's room!!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)