Friday, October 18, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things - Family edition


Another week has gone by, which means it's time to Celebrate the Small Things!  This fabulous blog hop is the brainchild of VikLit--be sure to stop by her blog for a full list of participating blogs!

This week, I'm celebrating the fact that my brother will be in town for the weekend. He lives in Nashville, so I don't get to see him that often, and it's always a treat when I do. Although I am excited for his visit, it means I had to clean out the guest bedroom.  The cats really consider it to be 'their' room, and I'm usually content to let them.  However, since actual humans will be occupying the space, I had to do a little tidying up.  The kitties are not pleased with my meddling, and are now studiously ignoring me.  I predict this will last until about 4:30 am, when their tummies start to rumble...

How was your week?

24 comments:

  1. When pets ignore, you can't help but adore them, all the more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats. The masters of indignant body language, I hope you and your bro enjoy a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that attitude, and yes, so cute! Enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yolanda! Hope you had a nice weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. lol them kitties are too cute!

    It's wonderful that your brother is visiting, have fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY to your brother visiting. Hee, kitties let you know when they aren't happy don't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they're very communicative little beasties. Hope you had a good weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. Ignoring is better than YOWWWWWING! ;-) Have fun, Lara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but I'm sure that part will come later! :)

      Delete
  7. Have a great time with your brother, Lara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so funny! I know just what you mean by your cats giving you the cold shoulder as punishment. Ha! That'll teach you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were quite happy to have their room back tonight :)

      Delete
  9. Haha, great pic of the cats! Yes, they'll decide they can forgive you when they;re hungry, and preferably when you're fast asleep and they can wake you up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think waking me up is their favorite hobby... :)

      Delete
  10. awww, you gotta love cats and their attitudes. :)

    Have a great time with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hope you had a nice weekend! :)

      Delete
  11. Cats are wonderful creatures. Have fun with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nana! I complain, but they're my furry little loves, to be sure! :)

      Delete
  12. Oh my gosh! That picture is just ridiculous! So cute! Thanks for sharing that.

    And hey- I see that you're doing NaNoWriMo. Will you be my writing buddy? My NaNo name is Bevimus!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)