Monday, October 7, 2013

Arts and crafts...

So my Gentleman Friend called me last week and informed me that his work was holding a pumpkin decorating contest for Halloween.  I immediately informed him that we had to win (competitive much?) and we started brainstorming ideas.  He wanted to go with a dragon theme, in keeping with the fantastical nature of Halloween.  I was reluctant at first, but when I heard what he wanted to do, I jumped on board.

On Friday, we went shopping for supplies.  We spent about $30 (never mind the top prize is a $25 gift certificate to a certain coffee chain--it's all about the bragging rights, people!) and finalized the details of our plan.

Saturday we focused on construction.  We spent a few hours painting, gluing, and braiding pipe cleaners.  Then came the moment of truth as we put everything together....

Et voila!
So what do you think?  Personally, I think we have a decent shot at winning (or at the very least, placing in the contest) but I'm a little biased. Regardless, it was fun, and that's what counts!

How did you spend your weekend?

19 comments:

  1. So very, very cool! Love it and if you don't win, the judges were bought! LOL

    Isn't Halloween fun, the best time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite time of year, that's for sure! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Keep your fingers crossed for us! :)

      Delete
  3. That is utterly deliciously fabulous! How can you not win? Er... Well, I've known miscarriages of justice - but this is great! Get photos of the others (if Gentleman Friend is comfortable with a camera...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will--from what he's said, I think we have a decent shot. [fingers crossed]

      Delete
  4. That must have been so much fun. It's been so long since I've done anything like that. Good luck in the competition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a good time, and didn't make too big of a mess (which made it even better, since clean-up can really suck the fun right out of a situation) :)

      Delete
  5. That looks awesome.

    And I agree...it's all about bragging rights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, M.J.! Here's hoping we impress the judges! :)

      Delete
  6. It's brilliant I love it. If you don't win, it must have been fixed. I will have to show my son this later, he will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joss! It wasn't that difficult--I'm sure you and your son could make something similar! :)

      Delete
  7. That's fantastic!!! I'M impressed... does that count??

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome! So original! Hope you guys win! Coffee $ sounds like an awesome prize...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deniz! Voting is tomorrow, so I'll let you guys know! :)

      Delete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)