Friday, June 16, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things - Dear Cat edition


Dear Toby Cat,

When I get up early, it's because I'd like to write without interruption.  I want to spend a little time getting my words in for the day before Little Roo wakes up and I have to turn into 'Mom'.  It's not that I don't love being Mom, but it can be hard to give Doodlebug the attention she deserves and write at the same time.  This is my solution.  Plus, if I'm able to make my word count in this morning writing session, I can actually spend some time with Mister tonight, snuggling on the couch and watching a movie, instead of frantically pounding away on the keyboard in the hopes of hitting my goal before falling exhausted into bed.  You understand.

So I would appreciate it if you didn't zoom up and down the hallway outside Little Roo's bedroom, yowling at the top of your kitty lungs for who knows what reason.  I need her to sleep right now, and you doing your level best to wake her up is in direct opposition to my goals for the morning. Keep it up, and I'm going to rethink this whole 'two cat household' thing.

(Oh, who am I kidding?  You know your position is secure.  It's a good thing you're so cute.  Still, keep it down, okay?)

Love,

Me

(Today, I'm celebrating the fact that Little Roo did indeed sleep through the feline shenanigans, and I was able to make my word count for the day early this morning.  Yay for progress!)

If you've been reading my blog, you know that Fridays are reserved for a post where I celebrate the little things that have happened during the week. This is a blog hop created by Vikki and now hosted by Lexa Cain, and it's one of my favorite blogging things to do.  I encourage you to check out her blog and the full list of participants, because who doesn't love reading about good things? 

7 comments:

  1. Gave me a giggle...I remember having a cat that would, for unknown reasons to anyone but him, would suddenly race around a room, over and over again. Cats are interesting...

    Congrats on getting in your writing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy your little cherub slept through kitty playtime. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing with kids never gets easier. So glad she slept through the noise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny...like cats ever do what they're told. Congrats on hitting your word count target, and for writing an amusing little post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! My kitty does the same. And at 5 am, she's usually kneading my head saying its time to get up. If I don't move, she'll curl up and sleep on my head and begin purring.

    I didn't get serious with my writing until all my kids were older. I never found the time. I give you tons and tons of credit for your dedication and all the fantastic books that you've written. Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I tell the herd that often. It's a good thing I love your face and you're cute! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on hitting your word count despite the distraction. lol There is a new cat that has been hanging around our house that looks very similar to your cat. Someone also inquired on our neighborhood app about a similar looking cat that she has been feeding that hasn't been around. This type of cat has been popping up in front of my face all week it seems. lol
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)