Friday, June 2, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things - Conference edition


Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you all had a nice week.

Lots of activity here this week.  Little Roo started school on Tuesday.  She's going 3 mornings a week, and it has been hard for me to let her go.  She's never been away from me or her dad or grandma before, and it's tough to leave her with strangers.  I know this is what is best for her, and I know it won't take long before we all adjust, but right now I'm probably having more trouble than she is with the change.  I thought I would relish having some uninterrupted time to write, and part of me does, but a bigger part of me can't stop worrying about her while she's at school.  I guess that's just life as a mom though--there's always something to worry about.

On a lighter note, we're in Scottsdale right now for the Desert Dreams conference.  I'm participating in the Reader Experience on Saturday, and I'm really excited to meet readers and hang out with fellow book lovers.  If you're in the area, I hope you'll stop by the book signing on Saturday night. It starts at 4:30 pm, and you can find more details about the conference, the reader experience, and the signing here.

That's it for me this week.  What's new with you?  Any big weekend plans? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. That's tough when your child starts school. I know how you feel although I worked so I wasn't always at home with our children during the week anyway. It's the same deal though,, when they are not with you or with the other parent or grandparent, you worry. That's natural. You'll get used to it, and separation adds a new dimension to your relationship with your child. Mine are adults now, so I'm just looking forward to being a grandad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone has trouble letting go - even if the kids are bigger and off to college. It never gets easier & you're in good company. I hope you had a great time at the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit late to the party this week, hope the conference was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's tough at first, but you'll get used to it. They learn so much at school, though. Not just academically, but life lessons. We all have to learn to deal with different personalities throughout our life and it starts in school.

    I hope you had a good time at the conference!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)