Friday, July 12, 2013

Photo Friday - Dessert edition

I think we've all seen the recipes making the rounds on Facebook lately. You know that I am not a chef, but when I saw this 3-ingredient berry cobbler, I decided to give it a shot.

The prep work was astonishingly simple.  I put frozen berries into a 9 x 13 pan, sprinkled white cake mix on top, and added 12 oz of diet 7-Up.  It looked a little something like this:


I have to admit, I was concerned.  It doesn't exactly look appealing, and since you're not supposed to stir the ingredients, I was worried about the liquid making it throughout the dish.  Nevertheless, I followed the recipe, and after baking at 350 for 45 minutes, it looked like this:


A bit more edible-looking now.  After letting it cool, it was time for the final test.


Survey says: tasty! :-)

Have you tried any of the recipes that are trending right now?  What did you think?

18 comments:

  1. Actually, I do this recipe often and I am a chef.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that means it has an official seal of approval! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I keep saying I'm going to try them but never get around to them. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy--you should definitely try it!

      Delete
  3. i've been scared to try this! now I might!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good warm, but I like it even better cold. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. My hubby would love this, but since I can't eat it - he won't either. But would really love to try it! Such a simple recipe! Maybe when company comes - I love to cook for others and that way the food disappears quick. Will be trying this next time sis stops by!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome--I hope your guests enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  5. Cobblers are delicious, one of my favorites!! Looking good, Lara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- I would not expect those ingreditents to turn into something edible! I'll have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised--I wasn't expecting much, but it was pretty good! :)

      Delete
  7. From the way you scraped your bowl clean, it must have been good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite nice--you should try it! :)

      Delete
  8. Looks delicious. After taking the photo, didn't you want to just lick the bowl clean? A bad habit I've given my daughter I'm afraid ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! Does it have to be soda? Could I use Perrier? Too sweet hurts my teeth :-(
    And look! Here's another one!
    http://ayak-turkishdelight.blogspot.ca/2013/07/simple-chocolate-brownie-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably could use Perrier--let me know if you try it!

      Delete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)