Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sacrifices

www.123rf.com
My editor emailed me today and said it was time to start working on the book cover (insert a 'this is really happening <squee> here).  She said the art department would contact me shortly, and there was a character description form for me to fill out, so they could start to formulate the 'look' for my characters.  She also told me to send over a file of images, depicting style and appearance for the main characters.

This means I have been given permission, nay, ordered to trawl the internet for pictures of handsome men wearing suits. <sigh>

It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, you poor POOR girl, you. Having to browse the Internet and look for hot suited men, I so DON'T feel sorry for you lol

    This is fantastic news Lara!!!! I'm very excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew all that time spent stalk--, er, RESEARCHING male models would come in handy one day! :)

      Delete
  2. It's a tough, tough job. Make sure to take lots of rests and maybe eat some chocolate so it doesn't become too overwhelming. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point--it's important to keep my electrolytes in balance :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, it's exciting to be working on your cover now. I can think of worse things to do for a living than to write all day and scour images of hot men. Remember, don't choose the first or second one. Make sure you have a proper look at as many as possible ;-)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I'd hate to leave any corner of the internet unexplored on my quest :)

      Delete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)