Monday, January 14, 2013

Uh oh...

The culprit.  Despite his laudable commitment
to oral hygiene, his breath still smells like tuna.
I recently discovered my cat has been chewing on my toothbrush.

This is not okay.

The other morning, he jumped up on the bathroom counter. He does this every day, as he likes to 'help' me get ready for work.  On this day, after his usual pacing back and forth, he went over to my toothbrush and started gnawing on it.

Horrified at this new turn, I shooed him away.  He merely turned around and gave me The Look. Fellow pet owners, you know what I'm talking about.  It's the expression that says, "Whatever.  I'll just wait until you leave."

I have no idea how long this has been going on.  Frankly, I don't want to think about it.  I love the little guy, but I don't loooove him, know what I mean?  Needless to say, I now have a new toothbrush.

What's the most disturbing thing you've seen your pet do?


14 comments:

  1. GACK! Lara, that's a horrid discovery.
    I guess my furry babies and their habits of destroying upholstry and carpet would qualify. The latest was my puppies tearing up a patch of new carpet by the front door on Christmas Day. We're just figured out what to do to hide it. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zan Marie, you _know_ you put that new carpet down for them to play with... :)

      Delete
  2. Omigosh, Lara! Ickickick. I'm so glad you caught that and sure hope you are hiding this new toothbrush away, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the new one is locked away. Live and learn, right?

      Delete
  3. Well, at least his teeth will be clean. That is pretty gross though. My cats pull old food out of the disposal if I haven't run it. They are the biggest scroungers and I have to put all food behind closed doors because otherwise they will find a way into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pulling food out of the disposal is pretty hard core. I don't think my cats are even aware of the disposal's function! :)

      Delete
  4. Bahaahhahhahah! Our male cat drinks out of unattended water glasses. He's spilled a few. And we've unknowingly drank out of more. Now I take my water with me, and if I forget it, even to go to the bathroom, I dump it, get a new glass, and refill fresh.

    Cats. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahahaha yeah that's weird.

    Our animals now seem quite normal in comparison.

    One dog though, was incredibly upset (as in barking and growling at her) when my mom accidentally used his toothbrush instead of her own. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if you want really disturbing...dogs who eat the other pets' feces.... EW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, no, not okay. I mean, I bury my face in fat guys belly, and rub noses with the skinny guy, and so on, but on my toothbrush? Hmm... I'd better watch out - fat guy joins me in the bathroom every morning cos he likes to drink from the faucet! But we keep our toothbrushes in the cupboard, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys still haven't figured out how to drink from the faucet--not sure why it's so confusing for them...

      Delete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)