First up is the Booker Award. This award is for blogs that talk about books, reading, or writing at least 50% of the time. The recipient must share their five favorite books, and pass the award along to five other awesome blogs!
In no particular order, my favorite books are:
- Peter Pan by JM Barrie
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard
Next up is the Be Inspired award. This award comes with 10 questions, so without further ado...
2. Where did the idea for your book come from? I was waiting for the bus after work, thinking about writing a book. They always say to write what you know, so I decided I wanted to write about a female scientist. It all just kind of fell into place after that.
3. In what genre would you classify your book? Romantic suspense
4. If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose? I've already cast Kelly and James--see here for their pictures :)
5. Give us a one-sentence synopsis of your book. Doctor Kelly Jarvis is a microbiologist who has just been told that her boss is a terrorist; she must work with her former lover, FBI agent James Reynolds, to thwart a terrorist attack, but issues from their past conspire to keep them apart.
6. Is your book already published/represented? No--I've sent out a query, but haven't heard anything back yet. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
7. How long did it take you to write your book? Probably about 9 months of stop-and-go writing.
8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to? Or, readers of which books would enjoy yours? Readers of romantic suspense--think Cindy Gerard, Maya Banks, etc.--will probably enjoy this story.
9. Which authors inspired you to write this book? That's a tough one--there are a lot of authors I admire, but to list them here would take way too much space.
10. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book. Let's see... Edge of Trust has a little bit of everything--a damaged, alpha hero; a smart, independent heroine; explosions; kidnappings; an awesome setting; suspense and danger. And cats. ;)
Moving right along, we have the Fabulous Blog Ribbon. There are 3 sets of 5 questions for this one: 5 of your most fabulous moments, 5 things you love, and 5 things you hate. Then, pass it along to 5 other bloggers!
Here we go:
-The day I defended my Ph.D thesis
-The month I spent in London
-Meeting one my all-time favorite authors
-Buying my new car with my own money
-Finishing my first manuscript
5 things I love:
-My friends and family
5 things I hate:
-Scooping the litter box
And last but not least, the Liebster Blog Award. This award is for small blogs with fewer than 200 followers. I think I'm supposed to answer some questions, but Candilynn didn't have any for me, so I'm just going to post the award. Thanks again!
Finally, here are the blogs I'm tagging for all these awards.
In the Shade of the Cherry Tree...
Writer In Waiting
Romance In Flight
Good Golly, Miz Molly!
Feel of Something New